Woof — it’s been a long week. If you feel like you’ve been working like a dog — or if the cat-astrophic news cycle is making you want to claw up your furniture — let us offer you the internet equivalent of a big pile of catnip: hilarious tweets about cats and dogs.
Each week at HuffPost, we scour Twitter to find the funniest posts about our favorite furballs being complete goofballs. And, yes, they are sure to make you howl.
So shoo your kitty off your keyboard and enjoy some very good tweets. And if you want some more, no need to beg. Check out last week’s batch right here.
Being a cat parent is calling your cat by their given name 1% of the time and then just calling him “kitty cat” the other 99%.
— Analise Nelson (@lalalanalise) November 30, 2020
I posted a few months ago about my neighbor’s cat who demands pets when I pull up in the driveway- well, it’s 8 months later and our routine has evolved! pic.twitter.com/COv075drmM
— Nature Lovers (@natureslover_s) December 3, 2020
I love how cats are so sweetly selfish. They just plop down on you like “Time for cuddles now!” and they don’t–or, well, most of them don’t–check first if it’s okay. They just plop.
— Ana Mardoll (He/Him) (@AnaMardoll) December 2, 2020
My dog has two moods
1. sleeping beauty
— Jen_A_Palooza (@Ten_Toes_7) December 3, 2020
My dog: gosh no I don’t really wanna go for a long walk, it’s the afternoon and I’m not feeling it.
Also my dog: IT IS NINE PM AND I AM FULL OF WIGGLES! LET’S GO!!!!
— Courtney Milan 🦖 (@courtneymilan) December 2, 2020
Thought my dog was just being affectionate but it turns out the best place to puke is on my feet.
— Lisa Jakub (@Lisa_Jakub) November 30, 2020
I’m trying to fall asleep. I sense someone standing over me. I open my eyes. My partner is standing in the dark. “The cat wanted to say goodnight,” he says. He holds out the cat. The cat wants no part of this.
— Meryn Lobb ⚔️ (@MerynLobb) November 30, 2020
Hiccuped while my cat was laying on my chest, which apparently just ruined her whole day.
— Dublin (@DublinPDX) November 30, 2020
I couldn’t find my dog for 5 minutes and it turns out I’m the worst person in the world and put the vacuum too close to his kennel when I was done and he’s been “stuck” waiting for someone to move it so he can get out pic.twitter.com/VdMYd3TQW5
— Kels🖤 (@Keally22) December 1, 2020
we found a knife inside my dog’s bed, like IN it where the stuffing is like?!?! What is she planning?
— lily but festive 🎄 (@lilyofmarz) November 30, 2020
Molly, aka the Thing of Evil, takes a rest after taking down a gang of vicious birds. They’ll know better next time. Note tongue, no doubt still tasting of feathers. pic.twitter.com/6tvAYMKenR
— Stephen King (@StephenKing) December 4, 2020
late to this but this is a very cat headline!
a dog will come to the white house with you;
a cat will be SAID to be JOINING you but it is possible that the cat will alter its plans https://t.co/YRf9RsOMcD
— Alexandra Petri (@petridishes) November 30, 2020